Since 1926 Loma Negra is Argentina’sleading company in cement production and trade and the company in cement production and trade and the
More than 95 years of experience, trajectory and commitment distinguish Loma Negra as one of the Argentine companies with the greatest public recognition.
- In 1926 Alfredo Fortabat discovered limestone, essential raw material for the manufacture of cement, in the city of Loma Negra, Olavarría, and Loma Negra company was founded.
- A new kiln in Olavarría Plant boosted its cement production capacity and a second plant was set up in the city of Barker, province of Buenos Aires.
- A further cement plant started to operate in San Juan.
- Zapala cement plant was opened in the province of Neuquén.
- Catamarca cement model plant was opened in El Alto department in Catamarca province.
- In 1992 Cemento San Martín S.A., a company with industrial plants in Sierras Bayas, Buenos Aires, and a grinding plant in Paraná, Entre Ríos, was acquired.
- That same year, the concession for most of the rail freight transport in Ferrosur Roca railway was awarded.
- In 1997 the company Recycomb S.A. was created with the aim of recycling industrial waste to be used as fuel in cement kiln.
- In 1998 several concrete companies located in Buenos Aires and Rosario were acquired to be operated under the brand name Lomax.
- Loma Negra Technical Center started operating as the only one of its kind in Latin America.
- 1999 a grinding plant was set up in Ramallo, province of Buenos Aires.
- In 2000 LomaSer, the first Logistics Supercenter / the first Mega Logistics Center in the Country, was opened.
- In 2001 L’Amalí, the largest and most modern cement plant in South America, started its operations.
- In July 2005, the company was acquired by InterCement Group / the company became part of InterCement Group.
- In 2006 the foundation Fundación Loma Negra was created.
- During 2007, investments were made in coal grinding plants to enable the use of several fuels in Clinker kilns for cement manufacture in Catamarca, L’Amali and Olavarria plants.
- In 2009 the company entered the aggregates industry with the acquisition of the stone crushing quarry La Preferida located at Olavarría.
- In 2010 the brand image was redesigned.
- In 2011 L’Amali and Lomaser cement production plant capacity was increased.
- In 2012 the company was merged with Cimpor.
- Second production line construction in plant L’amalí began.
- IPO (Initial Public Offering) in NYSE and BYMA.
- Inauguramos la segunda línea de producción integrada de nuestra cementera L’Amalí, en Olavarría. Esta ampliación, que demandó una inversión aproximada de 350 millones de dólares, permite incrementar un 40% la capacidad de producción de Loma Negra y potenciar nuestra economía circular.
Our main strength is our vocation to help others build. Since 1926, we have created infrastructure solutions to enable the development of families and cities. Such development is driven by transformation, guiding everything we do while linking us to our stakeholder groups in a framework of sustainable growth.